Sunday 6 November 2011

A crisp and cold commute

I had a very early start this morning as Ali was off down to Thetford Forest. It looked a lovely day so I decided to ride to work in Liverpool. Leaving at 730am I was wearing two base layers, a jersey, my fleece, a gillet, tights and waterproof shorts. I was expecting to have to stop and take a layer off pretty quickly but no it stayed cold. It was a proper winter morning and I was loving riding.

Crossing the M6 I found a quick geocache, getting closer to Speke I found myself on the Knowsley Expressway, not my idea of fun riding. So I came straight off and seeing signs of the transpennine trail I thought I knew where I was. Then I saw the Runcorn bridge getting closer I realised I was going the wrong way, oops!

Work involved an 18mile and the sun was out, it warmed up and we had a lovely crowd with us. We were finished by 3pm and I decided to ride home, it was too nice a day to spend sat on a train. At 430pm it suddenly got cold again and the fleece was back on, but only one base layer this time. I got home with 84miles on the garmin, not bad for a work day.

1 comment: