Thursday 23 December 2010

Maybe a little late home....

Yesterday I decided to head over to Poynton to ride with the NWMTBladies. It turned out that there was only myself and Anna so I headed over on the train after picking up a few bits of Christmas shopping for Ali. I was pretty warm till the train was delayed by 40minutes. In fact I didn't even warm up on the train! Anna picked me up from the station and we headed out from hers. She was on good form and I found myself chasing on the uphills. But this is what I need as when I ride on my own I just don't push! We adopted a bloke near the start of the ride as non of his usual ride buddies had come out to play, they were the ones missing out as it was a perfect night for riding! I recognised some of the ride from my second ever night ride and the ground was mainly grippy snow.

Back to poynton and the three of us had a quick drink in the pub before I headed off towards hazel grove, then Stockport, Manchester and oh well I might as well ride home. It was hard work though and I had to stop at tesco for supplies as I was seriously struggling! I had definetly not eaten enough and I've lost a lot of endurance. Home at about 1am...oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment