Wednesday 26 November 2008

Time to stop ignoring Christmas

I've managed to not notice Christmas approching and the fact that some people might like presents off me. So yesterday I thought I'd better make a start and got my crochet stuff and had a look at what yarn I have. Since I'm not earning at the moment I can't afford to spend loads on yarn and so want to mainly use what I already have. I found a lovely fluffy yarn, which although hard to crochet with seems to work well. So I got to work on a scarf, tigger is modelling the nearly finished project - I just need to weave the ends of the yarn in but I haven't found the neddles I use for that yet!

7 comments:

  1. Well done on that, I've always been useless at knitting and craft etc! I make most of the presents I'm giving to friends, they already have everything they want/need. I am doing cranberry vodka, some chilli jam (not tried to make it yet), possibly some home made chocolates if I don't eat them first. I'm sure there was something else as well (thinks hard..).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I was thinking I might try learning to knit at some point. I only learnt to crochet as homemade crochet hats were really big in snowboard circles and I made a comment along the lines that I would love to be able to do that. So one Christmas Ali's mum bought me, yarn, a hook and a crochet book. I had to give it a go, I thought I would be rubbish and it took a few months before I made a hat that fit but got quite into it. If you know anyone who wants a hat I have loads! Haven't touched the stuff since this time last year though so was good to see I could still do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone will be lucky to get your nice fluffy scarf for a gift! I can't really crochet, but I do knit quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what about a woolen cycling jersey, they are all the rage!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't that be knitted? Although I think it might be time I learnt to knit.

    If anyone wants a hat, I have loads!!!!

    ReplyDelete