Friday 14 November 2008

A slightly wet day!

Ride date: 13th November 2008

Another day riding with Jon today and we headed up to the lakes. I had found a route in mbr that was 55km so I got the map out for the area and headed up. More navigation practice was in order. We set out and visibility was poor. It was steady drizzle the whole time. I managed to take us the wrong way on the road to start with, I had it in my head we just followed it till it turned right. When we stopped I soon worked out where we were as oppose to where we should be so it was an about turn. Past a farm where a dog came out to try and eat us! Then it was on the route again. Soon we were climbing Breasthigh Road, both of us reduced to walking after a while. Here my garmin decided to stop recording distance for the climb, was I too slow? Always nice when you are hiking up a hill! After dropping back down to Borrowdale we had a nice stream to wade across. I think the look on Jons face shows what he thinks of it!

After transwales I think I might be just used to this sort of thing so I just picked my bike up and walked across, while Jon disappeared somewhere up river, reappearing ten minutes later saying he had given in and taken his shoes and socks off! After that it was a nice track along the river before we started climbing, after a stop for lunch I decided to bring us back so we backtracked a bit, with me going flying on some slippy grass, me falling off is rare so twice in two days??? Then a mixture of bridleways and road took us back to the car.

Once back at the car I got the dirtworker out and cleaned the bikes while Jon got changed!!!! He offered to help once I finished! All was forgiven though once I was changed and we were in the cafe with hot chocolate and cake!

8 comments:

  1. That expression is too funny! I had a short rainy ride today. Looks like I'm going to be dragging Jeff out in the rain with me tomorrow! He'll probably be giving me about the same look Jon was giving you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad weather! Love your determination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great fun, once you are out in the weather it is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ford was well above knee level!

    - I couldn't wait to change out of my very wet (and cold) clothing into something warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was up to my knees where I crossed, you obviously found a deeper bit!

    I wasn't cold when we got back to the car and wasn't that wet, top half completely dry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's an excellent photo! jon is certainly being put through his paces at the moment. are you like his 'extreme' personal trainer?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He said he wanted me to take him mountain biking....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trio would make a great personal trainer!

    Despite what these last few blogg entries might suggest I do love riding with her!

    ReplyDelete