Saturday 8 November 2008

The end of my 30 in 30

Yesterday when I went out for a ride I didn't feel too bad as Ali seemed better. But another night with no sleep and her getting worse has made the decision for me. Although I have nipped out to the supermarket to get a few bits, some that she needed, and I may go for a quick run later. I really can't leave her alone for an hour, she can barely walk anywhere she has no energy. So I got to 5 in 30. I will probably try again another month but in some ways it has been a good thing as I have had to allow myself to fail at something! Now I have to learn not to beat myself up about it.

6 comments:

  1. sorry to hear Ali's unwell, sounds horrible.
    but as you say, accepting you can't complete something is sometimes as impressive as completing it. you've had an amazing year and i look forward to hearing what you get up to next year!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably for the best Trio. I was worried you'd become obsesive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Ali isn't feeling well! Don't be hard on yourself about the 30/30. Just try it another time and remember to let me know so I can try it with you then too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. both you and jumbly have got me thinking about my reasons for this challenge-i'm not quiet sure yet but apart from having fun the by product is that i'm learning things about myself. which i think is part of it be a 'successful' challenge. so, by the sounds of it you've been successful.
    hope ali is on the mend now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone has different ideas on what their personal challenge was. For me it was to complete an hour of exercise a day, as I knew that I couldn't run for that long it would be on the bike. But I still wasn't sure the sense in me doing it, I am a bit too stubborn for my own good sometimes. I managed 20 days with a ride last month so I know I can get near to 30, the question was could I do 30? Ali did tell me at about 6pm to go out, but she was really ill. Fortunately she is loads better now and back at work, good as I am rubbish with ill people! As to wherther I will try again I'm unsure as to if I will have a month where it is sensible, unless I choose January - but that might be hard going! I'm not sure I'm as hardcore as Kate who headed out at 10:15pm one night!

    ReplyDelete