Tuesday 4 November 2008

How cold did I think it was?

Headed out this evening just as it was getting dark on the singlespeed. Since I had been a little chilly earlier going to and from tesco I added arm-warmers and then put two jackets in my back pockets. Now I know it gets cold up on winter hill and I often put a jacket on, but I think two was excessive. As it turns out I was just right layer wise and didn't need an extra jacket. It was very dark by the time I got onto winter hill and going round the diversion around the masts was very boggy - I was hoping with it being cold it might be frozen or something! After falling off into the bog I walked the rest of the way. Then since it was foggy and I get scared in the dark I went down the Belmont descent so slow! It took me twice as long as las time I went down in daylight!

Garmin Stats:
13.22miles @ 9mph
436m climbed
Average HR 134bpm

10 comments:

  1. remember you can't bank this ride for tomorrow ;)
    it's been so misty here that i don't thing the sun has even come up today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 coats? - Loads of pockets to fill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Err, you seem to have done 2 rides today, it's 30 in 30, not a doubling up 60 in 30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I know I can't bank it, shame really!

    60 in 30, now there is a challenge!

    My jersey has 3 pockets so one was spare for food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to take a serious chill to freeze that bog up there. I managed to ride through that horrendous bog last time but it was daylight and you could see which bits definitely needed avoiding. Need to ride that area in the dark it'll be much more of a challenge. Only done it about twice in daylight though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it so hard to predict what it will be like. We can have had no rain and sun and it will be boggy or lots of rain and it'll be rideable! Sometimes it is a walk whatever.

    I'm leading a night ride from Belmont on wed 26th if you fancied trying it in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brave riding in the dark and cold through a bog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) You are super tough going out in the cold and dark! I would definitely smile like crazy at you if I ran past you under those conditions! Hurray for hardcore athletes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So how cold was it? In degrees Celsius, please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. According to the weather forcast it started at about 8 degrees C, it was probaly colder by the time I got home since it got dark though.

    ReplyDelete