Friday 14 November 2008

Taking Jon night riding

After getting back from Rawtenstall on wednesday Jon mentioned something about the Belmont descent that I talk about and that he hadn't tried night-riding off-road. So I quickly plugged ali's lights in for a quick charge and then we headed out on my winter hill loop. I had warned him it was boggy on the diversion around the mast, but he really didn't look impressed. We headed down the Belmont descent slowly and I think Jon was very happy when we reached the road. I'm not sure he'll make a night rider!

6 comments:

  1. He'll be fine, we usually break people in gently by taking them to Gisburn Forest to get used to the ligts rather than to a long technical descent that they don't know well (well depends who it is)! Baptism of fire that descent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would usually do an easier loop but he was saying he wanted to do the belmont descent! We had had a hard ride during the day as well. But I think he'll always be a roadie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah well, no sympathy then (just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was rather hard getting down the descent with a light that wouldn't stay put on the bars. (I would of struggled in the day).

    - Next time I go riding with Trio I'm taking my waders and my wimming costume (Just wait for her next entry!!)

    Don't worry Trio, I did enjoyed it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was rather hard getting down the descent with a light that wouldn't stay put on the bars. (I would of struggled in the day).

    - Next time I go riding with Trio I'm taking my waders and my swimming costume (Just wait for her next entry!!)

    Don't worry Trio, I did enjoyed it; and i'm looking forward to the next ride !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The area round Rossendale can be a little on the soft and damp side! We did a ride starting out of Clowbridge Res once, the route was so cut up by MotoXers it took us three hours to do 12 miles - strangely I really enjoyed it and managed to ride most of it very slowly and never threw my bike away once.

    ReplyDelete