Tuesday 7 June 2011

Wet Ride Thing Day 2

Waking up to the sound of rain on my bivvy bag I found I was curled up at the bottom. Guess I was avoiding the rain in my sleep. But I had also thrown part of my sleeping bag out into the rain. Eventually I looked at my watch and realised it was 7am, we all got up and breakfast. Once Ali and I were up that was it, nowhere to hide from the weather. I was feeling jealous of Andy and Jane's tarp!
Just after we started riding two lads caught us up. As we got damper and damper we decided to head into Mach and find a pu. A sunday lunch later and we headed back out, feeling warmer and the weather decided to play as well.
Eventually we headed to another pub and I got my sleeping bag out to dry it out. Leaving the pub, plan was first suitable spot sleep. Not so easy in a steep sided valley, eventually I spotted a flattish spot, probably not ideal but it was starting to rain so I was quickly in my bivvy bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment