Sunday 5 February 2012

Biathlon

Last day of watching the biathlon today with the Mass Start. Both races were so exciting, the lead changed all the time after each shoot. The sprint finish in the women's for 2nd was amazing! I have a long way to go before I can get up a hill that steep no matter sprint past someone else, guess I need to move somewhere snowy to practice. The mens was equally exciting, the top two in the world going clear after the first shoot, then having to do penalty loops after the second shoot so slipping down the order.
I was really wrapped up against the cold with both my warmest snowboard jacket on and my down jacket, as well as two base layers and two long sleeve bike jersey/jackets. After my feet getting so cold I couldn't feel them yesterday I realised my boots are not really big enough so I wore my minxgirl merino socks, they are thin but warmer than most. It worked as although my feet were cold they were nowhere near as bad as yesterday.
It also snowed all day while we were watching the biathlon, ideal for playing in tomorrow. Since Ali is still sore from cross-country so we'll probably go snowboarding, especially if there is more snow overnight. Will have to wrap up warm again as chair lifts will be very cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment