Friday 29 April 2011

Back pedalling

Making sure I don't get lost

I was back at work this week, a three day week so I commuted in three times and got the train home three times. That was me being sensible!

Today I took the chance to ride a 150k Audax, it started in Bredbury and I planned to get the train there and back so I set my alarm for 6am as the train was at 7:12 so I wanted to leave at about 6:50. Just after 6:30 I woke up to the radio, my alarm hadn't gone off! So it was jump out of bed, eat breakfast while Ali was a star and got my bike ready. I just made the train so got to the start in time.

We were on our way at 8:30 and I ended up on the front for a while as noone else seemed to want to be there. But then a fast group of about 8 went past me, I hung on for a while and then realised that I needed to be sensible and sat up. I stopped in Wilmslow to get some cash, I was swapping places with a guy who was on the 200k and for a while was near a couple of other guys on my ride but mainly I was riding on my own. I got to the cafe to be told I was first on the 150k, turns out the fast group went the wrong way somewhere round Wilmslow. I had beans and toast and then a huge slice of chocolate cake. I couldn't resist all the cakes looked great! I spent an hour at the cafe, taking it nice and easy.
Yummy Cake

On the bike again and into a headwind. I was riding on my own but bumped into some of the others at the other control. Back to the finish just before 4pm. Then it was back to the station for the train home, the headwind meant that I really didn't want to ride home so being sensible was easy!

My legs felt okay, but it felt hard anytime it went uphill and the wind made the second half hard. Next weekend is going to be really tough!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

  1. Yay, good to see you on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... that cake looks delishous and very well deserved. Great to hear that you're feeling better and managing to get back out on your bike. =D

    I have my fingers and toes crossed for you, for next weekend. All the best. (Wish I could be there.)

    ReplyDelete