Monday 2 February 2009

More snow!!!

I failed miserably in my attempt to stay up and watch the super bowl with Ali last night but I was still woken up in the early hours of the morning to excited screams of "snow, snow, snow". In the morning she decided she wanted a snow ride - I apparently get all the fun! So she rang her Boss and booked a days holiday (thank you Ali's boss). We headed over to winter hill, via the track from Barrow Bridge across the golf course, it was really windy and there were huge snow drifts - Ali only went head first into one though! Then it was onto winter hill itself.Slipping and sliding we made our way down onto Georges Lane just as the sun came out so we headed up onto the Pike. It was a little windy up there but nothing like saturday!I decided that riding off the back had to be attempted, Ali went ahead to get pictures. At the top I tried going over the bars twice! But I got going and even stayed upright! After that we dropped to Chapel Cafe for a well deserved lunch, on the tiny bit of road we did to get there I managed to go flying on the ice, I think I managed to land on every part of me but my head!

After that it was home via Belmont Old Road and the cheeky trail down to Belmont. Here Ali managed to sink knee deep into a bog that was hidden with a layer of snow. Lots of pulling and her and her bike were free and flying down the rest of it!

Now the bikes are happily defrosting!

20.29 miles @ 6mph
726m of ascent

3 comments:

  1. What, no snowman? Not even a snow angel!

    Hope you're not too bruised

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you got out and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say that sanity decreases in the cold;) Wish we had the white stuff here so I could play around in the powder. Great pics

    ReplyDelete