Thursday 4 December 2008

Slush Slush Slush

Winter Hill
I headed out a little later than planned as my friend phoned just as I was about to leave. As soon as I got off-road I found out how hard slush was to ride in, especially on a singlespeed as standing was a no-go area! As it got dark I ended up looking over to Winter Hill to see the mast all lit up. When I got on Winter Hill itself, after a fair amount of pushing, there was a flash and I thought someone was hiding and taking a picture of me, then it was followed by thunder, I guess it was lightening but I was still a little scared. After that it was time to slide downhill, no traction and brakes doing nothing, it was a little scary! At some point I thought of kate all tucked up on her sofa and thought that sounded a nice idea. Once I was home though and no longer scared of the monsters in the dark I realised how much fun it was.

11.72 miles @ 7.1 mph

7 comments:

  1. Didn't realise you were still out when the thunder/lightening was around. Yikes! Sounds like it was spooky and fun all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go out till 3:30pm so yes I was. Only one bolt of each and I was sure the lightening was someone taking my picture so I was petrified, especially as I couldn't see anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Trio. At least it stayed dry. (It was dry wasn't it?)

    I thought Rigger was terribly hard work in the dry. I'm very impressed that you managed to ride him in the snow (slush). I certainly wouldn't of managed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't I mentioned it rained the whole time, apart from when I was high enough for it to be falling as snow!

    Rigger isn't hard work, you'll hurt his feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! I would have been scared of the lightning not to mention possible ghosts on the moors ;) I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just find it easy because you're super humanly fit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I walked up most of the hills yesterday, I am not super-fit!

    ReplyDelete