Thursday 22 September 2011

Becomming a panniers bore

I caught myself singing the praises of panniers again today and realised i've become a bit of a bore! Then today I went into work to collect folders for next week, they weigh a suprising amount and I was so glad the weight wasn't on my back. I can't believe i've done my job for so long without them. But the initial outlay was always a stubbling block along with the idea I had in my head that with a bag I could ride any bike. Since in reality I hardly ride any bike to work but kiwi it wasn't actually something I needed to take into account.

I'm really taking it to the next stage as i'm going to put a kickstand on my bike. So mudguards, rack, panniers, kickstand.....what comes next?

6 comments:

  1. Be careful....it could be a flat hat and trouser clips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. giffer!! ...i can't talk really though, totally agree about panniers and mud guards. and i even wear a vis-vest!...a kickstand would be useful though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe a nice whicker basket for the handlebars .... and then a small yappy dog to go in it? Is that taking things too far? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll be getting a chain guard next...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A basket might be really handy!

    I don't wear hi-viz as such but most of my kit is reflective.

    No need for a chain-guard, I like to be able to see my pink chain;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait for my winter bike to be built so I can get the rucksack off my back commuting. Was really annoying me today for some reason.

    ReplyDelete