Tuesday 10 March 2009

In a spotlight

I met up with a few people over at Rivington for a night ride. I want to push myself a bit more by riding with other people more. There ended up three of us and we headed up onto winter hill where donk had to leave us as he was having chain jumping off issues. Back up the boggy cheeky trail from Belmont. Halfway up there was a car stopped on the road shining a very strong light on us, very odd. They eventually went and I was glad I wasn't on my own. We split on Georges Lane and I headed home. It was lovely up there and it was nice to ride with others.

26.95 miles @ 8.5 mph
857m ascent

10 comments:

  1. I ran that trail yesterday, the boggy bits were knee deep at one point, must have made for interesting riding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon was awesome last night, at least in Preston, perfect for night riding. Hopefully it wasn't cloudy where you were.

    Probably the main reason I don't night ride on my own is we have come across loads of random dodgy people/cars/boy racers etc out and about on the trails and roads over the years. The biggest shock was having a big Land Rover drive up onto Rivi Pike itself one night(didn't think they were allowed to do that? Which is probably why they were up there in the dark).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky, I just looked at Donks blog and recognised him. Jez and I met him when we went to Spain with Switchbacks. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the moon was amazing!

    Ahh so that is where the landrover tracks that are up the pike appeared. I always wondered how they got that far up! Odd thing to want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be said that riding a mountain bike at night is an odd thing to do - obviously not by me though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sorry for those people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a moon appreciation night all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes when you say muddy you really mean it and the light was indeed rather odd and did follow us. You meet some weird people up Rivvy though obviously not me or you

    ReplyDelete
  9. No the odd one went home early, hi donk ;)

    I did warn you it would be muddy, to be fair everywhere was really muddy yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julbags, yeah it's me, small world indeed.

    Sorry for bailing halfway round the ride trio, will try harder next time. Saw a couple dodgy steamed up cars on my way home too.

    ReplyDelete