Friday 18 November 2016

Tissington Trail and Dovedale

Every since I ran this loop with Vikki and the boys last year in torrential rain I wanted to return and run the loop in better weather. On Wednesday I had arranged to meet a friend for a long run so it seemed ideal. We decided to meet at a car park on the A515 as it would be quiet for dogs waiting in cars. The plan was one loop one way and then switch dogs and run another loop the other way. Four of us met at 8am for the first loop, the car park was super windy but fortunately once on the trail it was nice and sheltered. I tool cybi and George for the first loop and was chatting I took us too far down the transpennine trail so we had to turn round which added an extra couple of kilometres, oops.

The weather was ideal and the trail nice and quiet. Back at the cars and kettle on before heading out with chip. She was unsure at first as we started on road but once we got on the trail she was fab and pulled me the whole way round (no extra miles this time). I was very glad of the company of Jennie as it was hurting and without that and Chip pulling I would have been walking. I was very glad to get back to the car park where I cooked us both sausages. Cybi helped himself to a bit of Jennie's sandwich, cheeky boy.

A total of 21miles, really pleased with that.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a good distance. Ive cycled this trial on a bike weekend staying in Ashbourne. Its nice countryside, but unfortunately we had bad weather. It sounds from your posts as if you have a camper van / motor home,ie kettle on and having a cuppa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, its an converted Toyota Previa from www.bumblecampers.co.uk I love it!

    ReplyDelete