Saturday 20 March 2010

Recovery Week

No posts this week as I have basically been on a recovery week. Not quite in the convential sense as I have still been riding everyday, but only commuting miles. Nothing extra, no pushing and the shortest route everyday. But not quite going as far as taking the car or getting the train. I was pleasantly suprised that my legs were fine on monday, unfortunately my stomach was not! I was up most of sunday night with stomach cramps. I think it might have been the speed I inhaled the roast dinner at my folks. In the morning I nearly rang in work but decided to see how I felt after the first couple of miles. Turns out all I needed to do was ride, by the time I got to the school I was working at I felt great! The rest of the week my digestion wasn't quite right so I tried to concentrate on eating well and resting lots.

Thing is now I am ready for some more miles! Working tomorrow but monday I am off and the plan is to get out on the mountain bike its been way too long!

3 comments:

  1. doing some easy miles is probably better than having a week of complete rest anyway. and practicing speed eating is probably good for 24hr's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everybody needs an easy week now and again. Sorry to hear about the stomach though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the stomach trouble. Though I think its good to have an easy week now and again.

    ReplyDelete