Friday 28 November 2008

A frosty morning

I had plans today I was going to get up early and go running a 6:30am, did it happen? No! Just to make me feel bad about staying in bed terrahawk was out at 5am (?). Anyway to make up I got some stuff done once Ali went to work and then headed out running. I had a plan I was going to run up to Bromley Cross, back to the golf course, then up and down the steps five times then home.

The plan started off well, I realised that I was running at quite an easy pace (turns out the first section was at 10 min/mile pace) but I didn't feel like pushing it.

Then it was the steps, I think you can spot them in the elevation profile? The first two went fine, then the third I was attacked by a dog whose owner explained he was scared of people running, I then had to wait for them to clear the steps which took ages! Then it was a slow jog back home.


Once home I did some core work, last week I did none and I really think it will help my singlespeeding so I am trying to incorporate it into my routine.

In total I covered 4.59miles and was out for 50'33"

7 comments:

  1. Scared of people running!!!!! I like dogs but dog owners that let their (sometimes large with big teeth) mutts jump up around and at me when I'm running do my head in, especially if their off the lead or on one of those extending things. They usually say something along the line "Poor fluffykins (usually a slavering, shark toothed doberman) is upset by you having the temerity to go running past" as if its my fault they have no control over their dog. It happens a lot on the popular low level trails near Abbey Village which is why I've got such a grump on about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't impressed either when I had a big dog - apparently only 11 months old - jumping up at me as I stodd still! meanwhile he had to go and get the dog I had apparently scared. But it didn't matter as I had a lovely run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know most of them want to play but big dogs do scare me sometimes, especially if the owner doesn't really have control over them. The fact it was only 11 months old was supposed to make you feel better ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea, it didn't. I think they are scary if you don't know them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my dog would tear your head off and eat it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll stay away then, I'm a bit of a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should have shouted "adriaaaaaan!" at the top of the steps, that would have cleared it ;)

    ReplyDelete