Wednesday 18 June 2008

Riding in the Rain


Last night I decided that today I would get up early to go riding. The idea was to do 30miles leaving at about 6:30am. The first part of the plan went ok with me getting up with my alarm at 6am, I then ate, got dressed, made sandwiches for Ali. But it was raining and raining heavily. At this point I thought I had to make a decision, was I turning into a fair weather rider? No so I put my waterproof jacket on and I was out the door and on the bike for 6:43am. I had wanted to try and get out the loop fast (as near to 15mph as possible) but the rain made me slow down a lot I think, especially downhill where I didn't feel like my brakes were being very effective. The graph shows my speeds, the elevation and the red line is a constant 15mph.
29.26 miles
Average Speed 13.5mph
Average HR 144bpm
897m climbed

4 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for the rain to stop.. (ha) I've had more than enough of riding in the wet, now all I can think is "well that's going to kill my brake pads"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it stopped yet? It hasn't over here! Maybe you are becomming a fair-weather cyclist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do seem to be riding up a lot of hills again. I don't think I would average 15mph either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon you would have managed 20mph or something silly. You should be pleased I'm trying to go faster, you told me I wasn't trying hard enough the other day!

    ReplyDelete