Monday 19 May 2008

Recovery ride

Apart from not getting enough sleep as Ali didn't get home till late last night and I woke up early I feel suprisingly good today. My legs weren't sore and I felt like riding would be fine. I did an easy loop over to rivington (well as easy as you can with 900m of climbing) but I took it really easy on the hills, I spun up the commonwealth down keeping my heart rate at 120bpm - we won't mention my speed.

I'm still feeling really chuffed with yesterday, although to lots of people it won't seem fast, to me it was so much faster than I expected! I'll be back next year. The event was so well organised, followed such a good route and was a fantastic challenge. The question is can I go sub 8 hours next year to get a silver certificate?

21.13 miles
Average Speed 7.6 mph
Average HR 114 bpm

Just noticed I have done 1000miles for the year off-road.

2 comments:

  1. It was lovely out this morning (bit chilly at times though)
    I had a good ride taking in Healy Nab, White Coppice and Great Hill then over to Rivi. Didn't see any other bikers out at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see another bike either, in fact think I only saw two other people till I was back near to my house.

    White Coppice to Great Hill to Rivi, that sounds like tracks I haven't tried. I must getting looking at a map.

    ReplyDelete