Friday 13 November 2009

A wet and windy night ride

Out tonight with Odile and Ali. The ride started off fine, it was raining but not too bad. Once we got on winter hill it was a different story. Windy and shards of rain trying to pierce my skin. At this point it was try and get home as quick as we could. Descending unable to see anything but hey it was fun!

Just as we got to smithills I realised something was wrong with my bike. Checked that the rear wheel was in tight, yes, then notice the EBB had moved out of the frame. It wasn't for moving so I stamped on it to get it back in enough to pedal. Two more stops were needed to do this as it worked its way out. Ali was looking worried that I would break the bike.

Then all that was left was to swim home through the huge lake that once was a road. At least we had clean tyres at the end of it!

1 comment:

  1. It was a bit grim out there last night! Hope the bike is ok.

    ReplyDelete