Wednesday 11 November 2009

Running intervals and punctures

Today I only had work in the afternoon so this morning I went running. I like running in daylight if I can as I can run off-road but I find it harder to motivate myself to get out than when I just get up in the morning for a run! Today I headed over onto the trails round the golf course and then when I got round to the football pitch I did some intervals. I ran as fast as I could from one end to the other, jogged back to recover and repeated five times. Turns out the distance was 100m. I learnt that I am not very good at running fast, but I am sure it will do we good in the long run as I need to get better at pushing hard for short periods of time. I think I might look for a longer stretch though. I was within a second on every interval though which was good going. It felt hard work running home though. Still slowly I seem to be getting back into running and I know it does a lot for my fitness!

After that it was a quick lunch, shower and out the door for work. Down the road and I realised something was wrong. Yes I had a flat rear tyre. Home fixed, checked in the tyre, out again. Half a mile later flat! Now I'm late, so home switch bike, train to manchester, off to school, get lost, look at map, just arrive in time. Too much stress with me and I seem to have lost the ability to deal with stress!

An easy ride home, stayed on the road even though I was on the cross bike, then off to the post office and the supermarket. Also picked up something for my sisters Christmas present, but won't be blogging about that till after Christmas incase she stops by here!

5 comments:

  1. must be something in the air, i punctured yesterday too. stick with the intervals, they will work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a new kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I am not earning enough to buy you a new kitchen, might stretch to a kettle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing you it's a roof rack that is perfect for bikes incase you need a favour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ok, the bike will fit in the back of your car. Otherwise good idea!

    ReplyDelete