Sunday 15 November 2009

Muddy Cross Ride

A text yesterday led to a change of plans for today and I headed out for my first club ride. The plan was to meet in Horwich for 9:30am and ride for about 3 hours. I knew the latest I could get home was 12noon and that was pushing it as I had an afternoon meeting. I headed over via the climb from Barrow Bridge being suprised that my legs didn't feel too bad and was 2nd there. It wasn't long before their was five of us there ready to go. Off onto the trails round Rivington and over towards the nab. I was just about keeping up with the boys and having fun. Over to White Coppice and the new bridleway was noted - a muddy mess at the moment. Once here I started struggling to stay near them on the hills. Over into Tockholes woods and I realised the time so it was a sprint home from me, shame my legs had fallen off! Going to play with the brakes this week they really should work better than they do!

28miles before lunch and nice and muddy perfect start to the day.

11 comments:

  1. What new bridleway?

    Sounds a fun ride in the mud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goes from the Cricket Club in White Coppice to Brinscall, wait till its finished though I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it go up on the moor or is it low level? May investigate on foot soon but will keep the bike off it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ride and a long distance done, you are so laid back about 28 miles! Its a long way to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Low level, it was a footpath before I believe, alongside the river.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ricahrd a lot of it was road. It was a hardish ride though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you sure 'cross brakes are supposed to work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone else there seemed to think theirs did. So worth trying again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just can't picture where this new bridleway is, even when I look at the map, I can't seem to get my head round where it'll be. You'll have to show me it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First club ride? Whic club was it?
    I saw a chap at the Whinlatter Duath yesterday with a Horwich CC top on so I introduced myself as a 'Horwicher' he probably thought weirdo !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Horwich.

    Looking at the results it was probably Martin Hitchen, I am unsure if I have met him but he does a lot of mtb races.

    ReplyDelete