Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Packing for transwales

This list will probably grow and grow, if you can think of something I need to add (or get rid of) let me know. In blue means I need to buy them.

Bike Stuff:

  • Bike

  • Spare brake pads

  • lights

  • Spare gear cables

  • Spare inner tubes

  • puncture repair kit

  • multi tool

  • zip ties

  • pump

  • c02 cartridge

  • duck tape

  • Chain lube

  • SRAM powerlink

  • Spare tyres

  • Rear derailer hanger

  • Track pump


  • Shoes (two pairs)

  • camelbak

  • Helmet (both)

  • towel

  • bike socks (x7)

  • woolly socks (x2)

  • socks for evening
  • buffs (all)

  • gloves (all)

  • base layers (summer ones)

  • arm warmers (x2)

  • knee warmers (x3)

  • leg warmers

  • bike Jerseys (7)

  • bike shorts (7)

  • Gore phantom jacket

  • showerproof jacket (with removable sleeves)
  • waterproof shorts
  • waterproof jacket

Camp Stuff:

  • big water bottle, that can be refilled

  • cooking stuff

  • sleeping mat

  • sleeping bag

  • tent

  • Headtorch

  • Chairs

  • Table


  • Water bottles
  • mars bars and twix bars
  • Rice-crispey bars
  • Torq Neutral powder
  • Vimto
  • Torq energy gels
  • Torq enegy bars
  • Salt and vinegar crisps
  • Pasta and Pasta Sauces
  • Cornflakes
  • Weetabix and All Bran
  • UNT Milk
  • Porridge
  • Chilli and Rice
  • Fig Rolls
  • Rasins and Sultanas
  • Nutri-grain bars
  • Jaffa Cakes
  • Stuff for camp Stew
  • Hot Chocolate pouches


  • Sudacrem
  • Savlon
  • Phone car Charger
  • Garmin car charger
  • Phone
  • Garmin
  • Compact camera (?)
  • baby wipes
  • wash bag
  • Suncream
  • Insect repellent (Avon Skin So Soft)
  • Clothes for the evening


  1. I see shoes are now added! Suncream, well you never know? Insect repellant? I know that's something I'd need, everything insecty bites me in the summer!

  2. What about a tube of Nuun or similar, then you can mix up more energy drink on the go.

  3. It's on my list of things to try matt, want to see if I can tolerate it first, I don't really like the taste of energy drinks. Tmotortabs recently, great idea but tasted horrible.

    Jumbly you are great at this, keep going and by August I should be sorted.

  4. I'll let you try some of my Nuun. It's nice, I find a lot of the drinks taste yacky but Nuun is actually quite tasty.

  5. keep this list tucked away for a rainy day, or at least one where I take on one of these multi-day races. but then i'll be hoping for less rain

  6. How many:-

    # All my bike Jerseys
    # All my 3/4 lengths
    # All my shorts

  7. There's a few companies offering a Nuun -like product, pretty sure Camelbak do one too, but could be mistaken.