Wednesday 28 May 2008

Packing for transwales

This list will probably grow and grow, if you can think of something I need to add (or get rid of) let me know. In blue means I need to buy them.


Bike Stuff:



  • Bike

  • Spare brake pads

  • lights

  • Spare gear cables

  • Spare inner tubes

  • puncture repair kit

  • multi tool

  • zip ties

  • pump

  • c02 cartridge

  • duck tape

  • Chain lube

  • SRAM powerlink

  • Spare tyres

  • Rear derailer hanger

  • Track pump


Clothing:



  • Shoes (two pairs)

  • camelbak

  • Helmet (both)

  • towel

  • bike socks (x7)

  • woolly socks (x2)

  • socks for evening
  • buffs (all)

  • gloves (all)

  • base layers (summer ones)

  • arm warmers (x2)

  • knee warmers (x3)

  • leg warmers

  • bike Jerseys (7)

  • bike shorts (7)

  • Gore phantom jacket

  • showerproof jacket (with removable sleeves)
  • waterproof shorts
  • waterproof jacket


Camp Stuff:



  • big water bottle, that can be refilled

  • cooking stuff

  • sleeping mat

  • sleeping bag

  • tent

  • Headtorch

  • Chairs

  • Table



Nutrtion/Food:

  • Water bottles
  • mars bars and twix bars
  • Rice-crispey bars
  • Torq Neutral powder
  • Vimto
  • Torq energy gels
  • Torq enegy bars
  • Salt and vinegar crisps
  • Pasta and Pasta Sauces
  • Cornflakes
  • Weetabix and All Bran
  • UNT Milk
  • Porridge
  • Chilli and Rice
  • Fig Rolls
  • Rasins and Sultanas
  • Nutri-grain bars
  • Jaffa Cakes
  • Stuff for camp Stew
  • Hot Chocolate pouches

Other:

  • Sudacrem
  • Savlon
  • Phone car Charger
  • Garmin car charger
  • Phone
  • Garmin
  • Compact camera (?)
  • baby wipes
  • wash bag
  • Suncream
  • Insect repellent (Avon Skin So Soft)
  • Clothes for the evening

8 comments:

  1. I see shoes are now added! Suncream, well you never know? Insect repellant? I know that's something I'd need, everything insecty bites me in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a tube of Nuun or similar, then you can mix up more energy drink on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on my list of things to try matt, want to see if I can tolerate it first, I don't really like the taste of energy drinks. Tmotortabs recently, great idea but tasted horrible.

    Jumbly you are great at this, keep going and by August I should be sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll let you try some of my Nuun. It's nice, I find a lot of the drinks taste yacky but Nuun is actually quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep this list tucked away for a rainy day, or at least one where I take on one of these multi-day races. but then i'll be hoping for less rain

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many:-

    # All my bike Jerseys
    # All my 3/4 lengths
    # All my shorts

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a few companies offering a Nuun -like product, pretty sure Camelbak do one too, but could be mistaken.

    ReplyDelete