Thursday 29 May 2008

First Cyclocross race

So last night was my first cyclocross race and I really enjoyed it. I didn't know what to expect but it was great fun. Only 28 hardy souls turned out, apparently the weather meant only the hardcore were there! We all set off at once but it wasn't long before we were getting spread out. There were bits I had to carry my bike up (I could hardly walk up them) and some of the downhills were interesting. I had been told that cyclocross wasn't technical but going straight down a vertical slope that is sheer mud was technical enough for me!! There were also some nice singletrack sections and some roots to clear (they had helpfully sprayed them white). By the end the sections in the trees were pitch black, which was interesting to say the least.

I'm not sure where I finished overall but I was first lady home and won a pair of gloves and a water bottle.

In total I did five laps (compared to the seven the winner did).
Average speed 7.1mph
Average HR 169bpm

3 comments:

  1. Well Done.

    You can retire now your No1 female.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Go lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Trio.

    All that mud has killed my bike. Nothing works anymore!

    ReplyDelete