Sunday 11 May 2008

Penmachno - Fri 9th May

One thing Drumlanrig last weekend showed me is that my weakest area is riding singletrack. Especially the muddy, rooty stuff. It is just so different to my local riding. So I decided to use the fact I was going to Wales (more about that in another post) to ride some of the purpose built singletrack. So on friday I headed off to Penmachno - there had recently been a second loop added. I headed up the trail about 10 minutes after a group of lads, catching them afrer 2.5 miles. Soon I was at the switchback climb I remembered being so hard last time. But today it seemed fine. Then I split to the right to do loop two which has some stunning views. I decided that when I got to the split again I would re-ride loop 2. Only I ended up back on loop 1 without realising. On a nice bit of singletrack i went flying, I have some lovely bruises to show for it.

On getting back to the car I decided to go around again, slightly slower this time but no falls.

Each loop was 17.8 miles

Loop 1 2:30

Loop 2 2:43

No comments:

Post a Comment