I purchased this after losing my bike computer and deciding to replace my heartrate monitor with something that did both. I decided on a GPS device so I didn't have to buy a kit for each bike I owned and on the forerunner over the edge as I could wear it as a watch when running.
Straight out of the box it was easy to use, recording my route, speed, heart rate. Plugging it into the computer then produced lots of graphs for me to get geeky with.
- Finds GPS quickly and I have not had any problems with losing it, it tracked me round Mabie in Scotland with no problems.
- I can use it for running, biking, snowboarding and probably any other sport you can think of.
- You can set up the screens for the information you want to see, e.g. speed, stopped time, heart rate, average speed etc.
- Downloading the information to a computer is easy and by using sportstracks you can analysis to your heats content.
- You can plot a map using google maps and then follow the trail on the screen.
- It is a little bulky on the wrist. (but I don't notice it when running)
- No handlebar mount (but I use a Polar one and it fits fine).