Tuesday 10 February 2009

Jon's Birthday Ride

This morning I headed over to Leek to ride with Jon since it was his birthday. I was a little late leaving, only ten minutes, but as soon as I got on the A666 I knew I would be late, roadworks and traffic not a good combination. I eventually got there with time for Jon to sort my brakes before his friend Rich came to join us for the ride. At this point I knew it would be hard as these were both fast blokes! Jon and I were on cross bikes and Rich a mountain bike, at least I had a slight advantage!!!The ride was a nice mixture of road and off-road to Disley. There Jon took us up an extra hill looking for a cafe! We ended up in a pub which seems very posh, but had nice food.

Then we headed back, me disappearing off the back every climb, but I think it was good for me, I can be very lazy riding on my own!

50.38miles @ 11.8mph
1113m ascent

6 comments:

  1. Was the pub in Disley? What was it called Trio - The Rams Head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad they gave you a run for your money ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, lazy's the word that springs to mind in relation to you Trio! ;-)
    Aah, sunshine on a Tuesday ride, that's the life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the lycra Jon. Pwoar

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does help to ride with the boys. I sped up a little today to keep up with a chatty guy I didn't even know! It was nice to have the company, so worth the extra effort. Today's planned recovery ride is rescheduled for tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete