Tuesday 24 February 2009

Forcing myself out

I've really been struggling with motivation recently so today I told myself I was heading out early! Ideal would have been 7ish but I knew really the earliest I could go was when ali left for work - she doesn't like it if I leave first as she ends up faffing and being late! So I was dressed in bike kit and followed her out the door and was on the bike at 8:30am. I had planned a 45mile loop with a few hills in it. The hardest being the last climb of the day over from Rivington to Belmont. It was very misty once I got higher up. But I got back and remember how much I enjoy cycling! Now please send me some motivation for tomorrow!

45.53 miles @ 13.3 mph
1260m ascent






12 comments:

  1. Perhaps you just need a rest. You haven't had a day off since doing that quick hilly 100mile ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your motivation is good, especially with the mileage you have done recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't be hard on yourself Amy, having the odd lazy day doe's you good :)

    I think you should push your limits more next month though, you seem to be doing this century too easy! how about century & a 1/4 for next month?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe a century on my mountain bike?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 centurys=2 'lazy' days ;)
    mtb century in march...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm up for the MTB century too. I think I would prefer to attempt it in summer though.

    You were racing Ali around a 1/2 marathon the day after your century ride, hardly a rest day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was on a bike bimbling around, felt like a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was on a bike bimbling around, felt like a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Century MTB? Madness, but hey u may aswell go for it :-)

    I might be being stupid but whats the % bar for at the top of that graph?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gradient, but its not accurate as if you only plot say the climb from Belmont to Rivington it shows bits of 18% on the above it only goes up to 6%. But shows which bits are steeper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaah. Yes I was being stupid, I see now its the legend for the colour coding, doh!
    max of 6%? must have been designed down south somewhere flat.

    ReplyDelete