Tuesday 17 February 2009

An evening run

I've been struggling a bit with motivation recently so I've been making plans to meet up with people. This also ticks off things for my CBT homework so its a win win situation. Today I went to meet Ali and her friend Louise for their regular tuesday evening run. I cycled over there, it was a harder ride than expected as the ring road was closed so I ended up heading up to Scout Road which was a hard climb then along to Chorley Old Road, still I was in time and had the bike locked up by the time they got there. The run was enjoyable, I was relegated to running behind incase I went too fast. It was a really steady pace which was nice.

Cycling
8.65miles @ 13.1 mph
227m of elevation

Running
3.67miles @ 9:38 min/mile pace
66m of ascent

9 comments:

  1. You did 100 miles the other day. How can you possibly be lacking motivation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had motivation for that I was going to meet kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there I was thinking it was just for the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't blame you for not feeling motivated with your weather. Nice work, Trio, to get out anyway. Meeting people always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish i was as motivated as you re. exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just have to make yourself do it. I make myself go out for 10mins and then if I'm still hating it I can come home. Usually it seems fun by that point as the endorphins are kicking in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sound like a good mind trick -just 10mins- i'll be using that one tonight i think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and if I want to go home by the time I've got home I've still done 20minutes. I think its why I can never get on with treadmills I can't get myself through that 10minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...and if I want to go home by the time I've got home I've still done 20minutes. I think its why I can never get on with treadmills I can't get myself through that 10minutes.

    ReplyDelete