Tuesday 23 February 2010

Proactive about Potholes

As I mentioned in a previous post my days commuting at the moment seem to involve constantly dodging potholes. There is no chance to switch off and just spin you have to constantly alert for these fiends waiting to catch the unaware. I decided that I needed to start reporting them on the fantastic fill that hole website. I always mean to do things like this and never get round to it. No longer am I going to be that person. First I reported the one that got me the other week. Today it was the turn of a road just round the corner to me that has a 10m section of constant potholes, not only am I trying to avoid them all the cars are too which leads to some interesting times. I'll never remember where they all are but I'm aiming to get at least one a week reported. Hopefully more. I look forward to seeing the first one filled in!

4 comments:

  1. tell me about it! they are absolutely carnivorous around here! it doesn't help that the council are using a cheap version of tarmac at the moment, it just cracks and splits and big holes appear in it the minute it rains. please please bring back the tightly knit smooth stuff that doesn't crack or get torn up by lorries. whatever happened to real tarmac???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the rubbish tarmac! They fill them and that lasts a couple of weeks. Get reporting is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I keep meaning to do this but never get around to it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. my cycling buddy hit a pothole 5 mins into our ride and flatted. Funny if it happens to someone else. Ill get him to report that one, im too lazy to bother :(

    ReplyDelete