Thursday 1 April 2010

March round-up

So another month down and this one has had loads of miles. In fact 996 of them on the bikes. Nearly all on the road with less than 100 off-road. But that isn't too much of a problem as more work on the mountain bike this week (where I don't record the miles as we don't cover much ground) has meant lots of skills stuff, including demonstration drop-offs by riding a drop that is bigger than anything I had ever done before, riding across a log without falling in and lots of playing in a pump track. I also got in a nice long road ride out Hebden Bridge way so there were some nice hills there. In fact another month like this and then into May I might even be ready for the race!

Running hasn't happened this month, a mere 5miles covered. I haven't ran in a couple of weeks as the last time I went out it turned into a hobble and then a shuffle home as I was in pain. Instead of running I am trying to make an effort to stretch - something I am really bad at neglecting! So its been get in and stretch, get to work and stretch, have a bath and stretch. With some added work on the foam roller I am noticing the difference. I find it hard to keep it up but keep it up I must! Hopefully next week I'll try and short run again, but I don't want to hurt myself so I won't push it!

Hope everyone else had a good March? I enjoyed feeling stronger on the bike again.

9 comments:

  1. I am never going to ride a drop off :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the drop?
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4478948156_1aa16d7b0a.jpg

    Looks more like a cliff to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. foam roller is currently lurking in the corner menacingly - i think i need it but I'm not sure I'm brave enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @red That is the one red. You have ridden drop-offs, I've seen you!

    @Elizabeth I think mine needs to be used more than it is but I don't really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My foam roller is a living room ornament! Doesn't make me use it anymore though I really should.

    Nearly a 1000 cycling miles in a month! Here was me chuffed at over 300 miles for the first time in at least five years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Julbags Ahh but you are faster than me! It is my 2nd highest month ever and it is only due to commuting! But yes I was impressed! Still I bet you did more than 5miles of running ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't ride as far and as often as you though! I only did 20 odd miles of running this month too (see recent blog post).

    I'll be booking in for some skills training soon. That drop looks evil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done on the drop off...a wild march with the weather so you proberly rode a tough 996 miles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. skills and miles, good work!

    ReplyDelete