Wednesday 9 December 2009

Hill Repeats

Once again the key bike session for this week was hill repeats. I wanted to do 5 sets and I figured with better weather I should be able to compare my times to 2008. As always I wasted lots of time and left later than planned. But I got out there which was the important thing.

Once over there it was head down and work, the first one felt ok. Second one harder, third I could really feel my legs. I told myself to push hard for the fourth and I could stop after that one. This one really hurt, legs screaming, breathing hurting, tongue hanging out - so that is what it is meant to feel like. Fifth was the same so now I know what it should feel like, oddly enjoyable, and there is no day-dreaming when working that hard its just not possible!
Times were better than two weeks ago, but not where I was when I was doing hill repeats in 2008. But back then I wasn't working and I knew I had to do something to improve my hill climbing. I think these sessions are going to work for me!
I've added my key sessions to the sidebar ----------->
So you can nag me to complete them!

5 comments:

  1. good work. i've been finding it hard not going too fast to start with, you're really consistant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only just learning how to go hard though. I am bad at pushing myself hard enough, I give up easily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep at it...I have the little saying in my head that is "Winners do what losers arent prepared to do" and so when I feel like I cant be bothered I think "am i a winner or a loser...? it helps me.....Today I did wuss out of my 15 second sprints as my legs are trashed and I think ae telling me to rest and RECOVER......good efforts though..I must get some graphs on my blog....I dont download stuff like that anymore though I could relink my polarbut nah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a geek so I love graphs and the like. Make me feel like I am doing something.

    In some ways it is like starting again as I learn how my body responds to everything now its med free. It's interesting and slowly I think I will get to the stage where I am getting the benefit from more intense sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very smart person!

    ReplyDelete