Monday 26 September 2011

No Three Peaks for me

The day before I got my bike ready, kit laid out and I was feeling ready. My aim was to finish so there was no real pressue. My back was doing the thing that sent shooting pains through my leg and bum but I was sure I'd get through the race. I went to bed early as I was feeling a little under the weather but once again I thought an early night would sort me out.

During the night I woke up a few times but that was normal before a race. My alarm went off at 6am and I felt pretty rubbish but thought I'd be fine once i'd eaten. That was when I realised I really wasn't right, I couldn't eat my breakfast. That was so unlike me that I went to talk to Ali. She told me to try again so I did but no still couldn't. I also had a banging headache and was burning up I had to make the sensible decision and not race. It was back to bed with paracetamol.

I spent most of the day in bed and by the evening managed to eat and was beginning to feel a bit better, although still grotty so I knew I had made the right decision.

It was pretty gutting not to do the three peaks, but I guess it just means i'll have to enter again next year!

6 comments:

  1. rubbish! hope you're feeling better soon. and like you say, there's always next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the right thing. I learnt the hard way the other week and almost ruined the weekend for everyone else with me.

    Something to look forward to next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you. I hope that you are all fully recovered now.

    Sending healing vibes your way. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be other races. In your case lots ! I looked on here to see how you'd done :-(
    Never mind just think chocloate cake, sticky gooey..
    Hope to see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes not like me to be sensible! Feel a lot better today although riding to work I had that horrible clammy sweaty feeling. I'm hoping that has got it out of my system now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nuisance, Team Pink missed you a lot. For what it's worth the shirt attracted some high quality banter. Tim was representing from the supporter's side, so we had a team presence of some sort :)

    ReplyDelete