The other evening I tried to fit the mudguards that I had taken off Ruby for a road race the other night. The mudguards had been modified by Chris for Ruby but I couldn't get them on kiwi without rubbing and getting the rear wheel in and out was an issue. I couldn't decide what to do, Chris would modify some for kiwi when the shop is quieter but till then should I put some some plastic raceguards on till then. The problem is I always break them.
Then yesterday I ended up doing recce rides in Merseyside on kiwi (I was meant to be on the cross bike but in usual trio style the bike is awaiting new cables). I was very jealous of Jen and her mudguards as I got covered in mud and had to keep my waterproof trouses on even when it stopped raining due to all the puddles. Kiwi needed a good wash when I got home.