Sunday 18 September 2011

Manchester to Blackpool

I had been asked about being a ride leader on this ride ages ago but never heard anything. I had said I couldn't do other work due to it but when that came up again I decided to have the Sunday to ride. Next thing I know is an email apologising for the short notice. So at 10:30pm on saturday night when I would normally be tucked up in bed I headed out on my bike to the Trafford Centre. I was so glad I had got ruby's mud guards back on her as it was wet, wet, wet.

Due to slightly lower numbers wanting to be part of a led group myself and Phil ended up sweeping. The first half of the ride was mainly spent with two lads, one was very unlucky with punctures the other struggling with being cold. I was wishing I had worn my warmest winter gloves as I was a little chilly even with tights, winter gloves and numerous layers.

By the time it was light I was riding with a lady who had never ridden more than 30mies and had raised an incredible £1000. Finishing just after 8am we had got everyone to Blackpool.

Then it was time for me to ride home. I got warmer and warmer and had to find more places to stash my clothes, the winter boots felt like overkill then! Riding through Preston I saw TwinklyDave heading out for some three peaks training.

I finished with the downhill from Belmont with some good miles on the Garmin. Managed to stay awake all day but now very tired and need my bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment