Friday 13 May 2011

Recovery and Running

I've been commuting a bit this week but I've felt slow and sluggish and the average speeds are lower than I've seen in a long time. I've been getting the train home and on Wednesday got the train both ways. I also been really tired. I think its a mixture of recovering from the weekend and recovering from the tonsil op. It still hurts to yawn so obviously its not quite healed.

I've also been eating constantly, at some points I was just really hungry probably from the weekend. But lots of time I'm just eating for no reason, undoing all the good work I've done recently. I'm just destined to always be slightly overweight unless I sort my head out.

In the back of my mind is the half marathon I've entered. Last week my training plan had two 5 mile runs, I did nothing! This week is meant to be two 5 mile runs again but I think that if I run 5 miles I will be hobbling the next day, so I've deviated from the plan and on tuesday I ran for 30minutes. It was very slow and steady but that was the aim, keep heartrate down but get the muscles used to running. Today I did another 30minutes, its almost embarassing how slow it is, but average heart rate was 150bpm which is lower than I've ever had running. Hopefully I can build up from here and legs will be fine tomorrow.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment