Tuesday 26 February 2013

Newport 200






Ali gave me a lift over so it wasn't too early a start. Once there I bumped into Shona and Rick from Keep Pedalling before grabbing some toast. I set up just behind the group as I was messing around with my bag but it didn't take long to catch them up. After a while I was riding with just Rich and Shona and we spent the day together. On the way out we had snow on occasions but fortunately it didn't stick. Getting to Newport we went to Costa to avoid the queues in the cafe, a great call. I was pleased to find that although it was windy on the way back it wasn't the strong headwind that had been promised. About 10k from the end I managed to throw my chain, somehow it twisted and I couldn't work out how to get it back on. I was feeling like a bit of a numpty and had to get Rich to help, fortunately it did take him more than two seconds so I didn't feel quite as bad!

Got back to lovely soup and Ali waiting to take me home thanks to Endomondo.

No comments:

Post a Comment