Tuesday 28 July 2009

A wet Mary Townley Loop

When Ros asked me on sunday if I fancied the mary townley loop on tuesday I couldn't say no even though this is meant to be a rest week after some really hard weeks. So she picked me up at 8am and we headed off to Waterfoot where we started the loop. This way round meant we got the bit with a thousand gates out of the way near the start! It seemed like we were at the monument to Mary Townley very quickly.

After that the heavens opened and most of the ride was just grinding into the rain! That nice noise of brake pads wearing away accompanied us and Ros even thought about changing hers! I spent a fair amount of time ploughing through deep puddles which reminded me of last years transwales!

It didn't seem that long before we were heading over Rooley Moor Road and back to the van. Even with my legs in there we are tired and don't know how to work after a day off we made good time, getting round in just under 8 hours without really pushing too much during the day.

11 comments:

  1. Very upset that I wasn't riding, even if it was raining. I WILL finsih that bridleway off some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 hours is a good time for the MTL, well done. I hope to have a got it next month.....if I can get a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done that part of the bridleway red! It the bit from denshaw to summit you need to do!

    Thanks Richard, let me know when you are thinking of doing it, if I'm free I'll join you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done that part of the bridleway red! It the bit from denshaw to summit you need to do!

    Thanks Richard, let me know when you are thinking of doing it, if I'm free I'll join you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, that's a great time. Those trails get quite porridgy and draggy in the wet (and just eat brake pads!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the only person I know that would ride the MTL on a rest day! I have yet to ride this, it's on my list though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. next time you have to do it at the end of the ride and then bivvy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have fancied bivvying in that weather! Could barely see with the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've wanted to do that in a day for a few years now. It's just choosing the right day and the right people to do it with.
    I like that top with the skulls on by the way..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That a Rock Racing jersey you have there trio? Looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. No rock racing too expensive for me, its a northwave top. Seems a nice fit, only two rear pockets but they are a good size.

    ReplyDelete