Sunday 26 July 2009

A short ride

Todays planned century was cancelled so I let myself sleep till I woke up. Then since it was early I decided to meet my friends who were riding at Rivi. Took me ages to be bothered leaving so I asked them to text and let me know the route and I would bump into them somewhere, as it turns out I got to Ros's house and they hadn't left as they hadn't fancied the weather!

A short ride up to pigeon tower, down the ice-cream run and then back up and down the Belmont descent, before I peeled off to get another hour in.

On the way back I came across a dear on the track, he stood looking at me for a while before bounding off. Camera decided it needed the flash so I wasn't quick enough for the picture.

In the end I did 2hrs 45mins which took me to 30 hours for the week - wow! Don't think I was much company was in a grumpy mood! But thanks as otherwise I wouldn't have gone out!

8 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear about the deer, saw one myself yesterday in the Lakes. It was standing looking at me in the middle of a field in bright sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes its the sort of sight most people will never see as they think we are odd heading into the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. must getting near the 1000 ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. over 50 thousand miles this year is impressive ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, sorted that terrahawk! That was an impressive increase!

    Only need 41 Kate, think it might happen yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi trio.

    Sorry for postponing the century ride. Good on you for getting out anyway - it was pretty wet and windy over here and I was glad not to be out in it!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was pretty horrible here, I was glad not to be on the road and very glad not to be doing a century ride!

    ReplyDelete