Saturday 30 May 2009

The sun has come out to play!

After such a wet bivvy trip friday dawned completely clear and sunny. I was working out at Linnett Clough so it was an early start to ride into Manchester. I always feel so slow riding in on my mountain bike compared to the road bike. By the time I got there the arm and knee warmers came off. The first time this year I've not had my knees covered. The sun stayed out all day which was great for the Children we were working with. By the time I got home I was exhaushed and probably dehydrated so an evening of drinking water and pizza was in order.

Today was just as sunny but the plans were all for inside. I was at the manchester velodrome with a load of lads from cyclechat. It was great fun, great to do something organised. I don't think I was the slowest, but some of them were really fast. Ali was pleased to find even though this year has mainly been running she hasn't lost too much power in her legs. Posting a quick enough time in the 250m TT to put her in the fast group for the race laps.

5 comments:

  1. Ali was right at the front of the race too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How things change. I'm now wearing knee warmers and they usually don't come off anymore half way through the ride ...

    I'm planning to take up the Century Challenge again as of June, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ali. I have a velodrome session booked in July, my first. I may be asking some advice on bike size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might know my brother & sister-in-law as they're often at the velodrome, Marshall & Beren Thomas ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Anon I don't, I haven't really spent that much time at the velo though.

    ReplyDelete