Monday 1 June 2009

May Roundup

Somehow this month I have not done a century. I just never got round to planning one. Not sure how that happened! This century a month is hard! I have covered more mileage than any other month so far though! I've also used my bivvy bag for the first time on two adventures. One which was very wet! I loved it though! I also feel like I've started to get back into running, although still not managed every week. Oh and I did my first ever Cross-country races and got a couple of cool trophies!

The figures:

18.25 miles running
277.69 miles moutain biking (262.64 singlespeed)
57.50 miles cyclo-cross
395.54 mile road

16944m of ascent


Progress on targets:

  1. Run at least once a week Failed in March :o(
  2. Run 300miles in the year 37% complete
  3. Cycle an imperial century a month Failed in March :o(
  4. Cycle 8000miles in the year 41% complete

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes riding is more about having fun than meeting goals.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the wet bivvy. I wasn't overly keen on the first day; But now everytime I think of it I grin ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressive monthly stats again Amy!

    step back from the goals and look at how much fun you've had in May.
    By reading your blogs i'd say a lot!

    century & a 1/4 in June ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't meant to sound negative I had loads of fun in may. I think that was why I didn't even think about a century. Think June will be without as well as I was expecting to do it this week but the being sensible means it won't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny but May just came and went much faster than any other month - for me too. Your stats look inspiring! I'm aiming for a century in June again. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's hard to believe that with all that riding you didn't do your century! a great month which your mantle piece can be proud of ;)

    ReplyDelete