Thursday 11 August 2022

Dent to Ribblehead

I arrived at Dent station and set off just before 12430, it was a proper sunny day so I was glad I had remembered suncream. A combination of footpaths, roads and a bit of scrambling brought me to my first waterfall of the day, Ibbeth Peril.
It wasn't flowing, but lovely pool for a dip. It was proper cold as well, my hands started to go numb and my Garmin got down to 13°C although I got out before it had time to completely settle.
After eating my lunch it was time to get properly into the hills, it wasnt long before I was off paths but the clear day did make the navigation easier.
Up on Great Coum I found a balloon caught by a dry stone wall so packed it into my rucksac to dispose of once back in civilisation. I was beginning to tire but knew I had to drop down to the valley to fill up with water as I was nearly out.
I dropped down to Thornton Falls, it was stunning and of course i had a dip! Then back up obto Whernside to find a spot to camp.
Once set up my feet were so pleased to get out of my boots and socks.

A late night for me meant I didn't get going till 730am, late for me when wild camping. As it was another hot day I decided not to climb any hills but stay lower, this actually meant I did a lot of navigating off path.
I skirted underneath Ingleborough on ny way to Ribblehead Vivaduct.
Then all that was left was yo drop down to the station.

38km hiked 1600m ascent




No comments:

Post a Comment