Monday 4 May 2015

Spring Showdown

At Easter it was the Canicross Midlands Spring Showdown which was four days of racing at Catton Park. We were going to be camping as it's just a little too far to head down everyday. Unfortunately Ali sprained her ankle quite badly the week before and Cybi and I had to go on our own, I have to admit I was worried about camping with Cybi on my own as he can be a bit of a handful.

As it turned out he was fine, settled best if I wasn't there and once popped in my sleeping bag at night so lights didn't disturb him slept fine, one morning we both slept till 8am!

The racing itself was fun and muddy. I had entered us unto the 10k in Sunday, turns out only ten of us were crazy enough to run the longer route, and we loved it even though it was a little warm for cybi.

It was a great weekend but I really missed Ali as she'd have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment