Tuesday 26 August 2014

Torq 12:12

Saturday and we had borrowed a monster truck (pickup) from Ali's work packed with bikes, camping kit, clothes and if course the dog. We really would have struggled to get everything in the mini. I also had some concerns about the lack of riding I've been doing and also how the boy would cope with us both riding. We got down to the site and managed to grab a trackside spot stretching back with room for all the garage bikes crew tents for then they arrived on Sunday morning. The night was really cold but the boy slept fine at the bottom of the tent.

Sunday morning and the gang arrived and set up our luxury pit area, complete with a kitchen. Meanwhile I tried to get mine and Ali's bikes and kit sorted. I was on my lovely kinesis ff29 which the lovely garage bikes built me which was flawless and perfect as always. We had lots of us racing, two solo females, one solo male, one female pair and one female team. Supported by our lovely pit crew of Al, Daz and Vikki. All to soon we were setting off on the first lap.

The course was mainly singletrack and although there wasn't much climbing per lap it all seemed to be on spongy stuff. The first couple of laps I seemed incapable of riding the singletrack, it's been a while, but riding solo I had lots of time to get used to it again. There were lots of speedy people on the course and I was finding riding on my own hard. But then I saw a flash of orange near the end of the course and caught up with Hannah. So the next lap I had company which made it more enjoyable. The next lap Sarah was heading out on a double so I had company for a lap, her and Ali then discussed stopping as Ali's knee was hurting but Sarah was determined so the second lap of the double was done.

After the seven laps I stopped, lack of sleep recently and lack of motivation kicked in. But the others carried on. With Sarah and Ali finishing third in the female pairs.

Impressive riding by everyone and thanks to @garagebikes for everything.

2 comments:

  1. Dogs love camping, we used to take ours and the cat came too. Never any bother. He seems to have settled in well and already part of the family.
    Camping Monster trucks, dog and cycling, what a great adventure,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes think he liked it, would be better if we weren't both racing!

    He's getting there, still the odd issue and need to get on top of him wanting to chase sheep!

    ReplyDelete